Tietz Textbook of Clinical Chemistry and Molecular Diagnostics (6th Edition) – eBook PDF
Tietz Textbook of Clinical Chemistry and Molecular Diagnostics 6th Edition (PDF) offers the latest and authoritative guidance on selecting, performing, and assessing the results of new and established laboratory tests. This classic clinical chemistry reference provides encyclopedic coverage describing everything you need to know, including analytical criteria for the medical usefulness of laboratory tests, laboratory medicine, variables that affect tests and results, applications of statistical methods, and primarily clinical utility and interpretation of laboratory tests. It is the conclusive reference in clinical chemistry and molecular diagnostics, now fully searchable and with three-monthly content updates, clinical cases, podcasts, animations, and extended content online through Expert Consult.
- Analytical criteria emphasize the medical usefulness of laboratory procedures.
- Internationally recognized chapter authors are known among the best in their field.
- Statistical methods coverage offers you information critical to the practice of clinical chemistry.
- Two-color design stresses important features, illustrations, and content to help you find information faster and easier.
- Reference ranges reflect new approaches for establishing these ranges — and provide the latest information on this topic.
- Lab management and costs provide college students and chemists the practical information they need to evaluate costs, allowing them to do their work more effectively and efficiently.
- NEW! Internationally recognized chapter authors are counted among the best in their field.
- UPDATED! Thoroughly updated and peer-reviewed chapters provide you with the most current information possible.
- NEW! Standard and international units of measure make this ebook appropriate for any user — anywhere in the world.
- NEW! Comprehensive list of Reference Intervals for adults and children with graphic displays developed using contemporary instrumentation.
- NEW! Expert senior editors, Carl Wittwer, Nader Rifai, and Rita Horvath, bring fresh perspectives and help ensure the most current information is presented.
- NEW! 22 new chapters that emphasize applications of mass spectrometry, transfusion medicine, hematology, biobanking, microbiology, biomarker utility in the pharmaceutical industry, and more!
- UPDATED! Expanded Molecular Diagnostics section with 12 chapters that emphasize upcoming issues and techniques in the rapidly growing and important field of molecular diagnostics and genetics makes sure this text is on the forefront and of the most value.
- NEW! Expert Consult includes fully searchable text, quarterly content updates, clinical case studies, animations, atlases, podcasts, biochemical calculations, an image collection, multiple-choice questions, links to Medline, and audio interviews. You will now appreciate an online version making the utility of this ebook even greater.
“…The 6th edition of the Tietz textbook hits the spot on many different fronts. Furthermore to the excellent Editors, Reviewers, Associate Editors, and Contributors to the textbook that makes the content tremendously valuable, the transformation from the 2012 book to the 2017 platform are what is really exciting. It is clearly obvious that the Editors and the Contributors have made an effort to deliver the content that is useful for education in the global context…” — Peter Kavsak, Department of Pathology and Molecular Medicine, McMaster University in Clinical Biochemistry, Volume 50, Issue12
NOTE: The product only includes the ebook Tietz Textbook of Clinical Chemistry and Molecular Diagnostics 6e in PDF. No access codes are included.