Evolution (4th Edition) – Futuyma/Kirkpatrick – eBook pdf
Extensively reorganized and rewritten, the new Evolution 4th edition (PDF) — featuring a new coauthor: Mark Kirkpatrick (The University of Texas at Austin) — offers additional expertise in evolutionary genomics and genetics, the fastest-developing area of evolutionary biology. Directed toward an undergraduate audience, the PDF etextbook emphasizes the interplay between theory and empirical tests of hypotheses, thus acquainting college students with the process of science. It addresses major themes — including the history of evolution, adaptation, evolutionary processes, and evolution as an explanatory framework — at levels of biological organization ranging from ecological communities to genomes.
For University / College Students – Companion Website
The Evolution 4th Edition, Companion Website features review and study tools to help college students master the material presented in the etextbook. Access to the site is free of charge if you are an instructor in a registered university. and requires no access code. (Instructor registration is required in order for students to access the quizzes.) The site includes the following resources:
* The complete Glossary
* Chapter Outlines and Summaries: Concise overviews of the important topics covered in each chapter.
* Flashcards & Key Terms: Easy-to-use activities that help students learn all the key terminology introduced in each chapter.
* Online Quizzes: Quizzes that cover all the major concepts introduced in each chapter. These quizzes are assignable by the instructor.
* Simulation Exercises: Interactive modules that allow students to explore many of the dynamic processes of evolution, and answer questions based on the results they observe.
* Data Analysis Exercises: Expanded for the third edition, these inquiry-based exercises involve students in working with data and analyzing methods and conclusions from published papers.
For Instructors (not included in this sale) – Instructor’s Resource Library
The Evolution 4e, Instructor’s Resource Library includes a variety of resources to help you deliver your lectures and develop your course. The IRL includes the following resources:
* Quiz Questions from the Companion Website
* Answers to the textbook end-of-chapter Problems and Discussion Topics
* Data Analysis and Simulation Exercises from the Companion Website, with answers
* PowerPoint Presentations: For each chapter, all of the chapter’s figures and tables are provided in a ready-to-use PowerPoint presentation, making it easy to quickly insert figures into your own lecture presentations.
* Textbook Figures and Tables: All the figures (including photographs) and tables from the textbook are provided as JPEGs (both high- and low-resolution), reformatted, and relabeled for optimal readability when projected.
Online Quizzing (not included)
A set of online quizzes is available via the Companion Website. These quizzes can be assigned or released for student self-study, at the instructor’s discretion. Professors can also add their own questions to the quizzing system, to create custom quizzes. Results can be viewed online or downloaded for use in grade book programs. (Instructor registration is required for student access to the quizzes.)
Additional ISBNs: 9781605356969, 9781605358017, 1605356964, 1605358010, 978-1605356051, 9781605357409, 978-1605356969, 1605357405, 978-1605358017, 978-1605357409
NOTE: This sale only includes the ebook Evolution, 4th Edition, in PDF by Douglas Futuyma and Mark Kirkpatrick. No access code included.