Cellular Actuators: Modularity and Variability in Muscle-inspired Actuation – eBook pdf
Cellular Actuators: Modularity and Variability in Muscle-Inspired Actuation, (PDF) defines the roles actuators play in robotics and their inadequacy in emerging new robotic applications, such as human co-working robots and wearable devices where compliance and compactness are important.
Piezoelectric actuators, the topic of this wbook, provide advantages like displacement scale, force, compactness and reliability and rely on material properties to give displacement and force as reactions to electric stimulation. The authors, famous researchers in the area, provide the fundamentals of muscle-like movement and a system-wide study that includes the analysis, design, and control of biologically inspired actuators. This ebook is the ideal guide for practitioners and researchers who would like to use this technology into their research and products.
- Introduces the concept of cellular actuators
- Presents fundamentals of bio inspired actuation
- Describes the physical assembly possibilities of Piezo actuators
- Presents applications to show concepts and the potential of the technology
- Functions as a single source for the design, analysis, and control of actuator arrays
- Introduces Piezoelectric Actuators concepts in a system wide integrated approach
NOTE: The product only includes the ebook, Cellular Actuators: Modularity and Variability in Muscle-Inspired Actuation in PDF. No access codes are included